SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
modthyrth

Introduction and a Kitchen Backsplash Ambition

modthyrth
12 years ago

Oh my goodness, how long have I spent lurking various forums here on gardenweb, and never realized this one was here?

I've only done one mosaic project before, a door for the wood-fired oven I built in my backyard:

But I've always been a sucker for all types of art glass. Fast forward a few years, one broken oven just days before Christmas, and we've found ourselves in the midst of a complete kitchen renovation. I kept coming back to the idea of doing a glass mosaic backsplash, and I'm so delighted to have found such wonderful information and examples already here!

One of these days, I want to do a large scale mosaic mural on the cinderblock wall near the outdoor kitchen. I tried a search for information on outdoor installations on concrete walls, but didn't have any luck. Anyone with any insight on a project like that? Specifically, do I need to do anything to prep the surface (stucco first, or paint, for example?) Thinset for the adhesive, or is there a construction adhesive that would be easier to use?

Comments (11)

Sponsored