SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanwrites_gw

Quick - another CL decision to be made

14 years ago

For those you who remember me, from this board and the other one, I am STILL working on my funky living room. We have now decided it does have a purpose, it's the bar room since the only time it really gets used is when we have a party.

I can't find a picture of the room empty so you'll have to ignore the hodgepodge that was my early insanity in this picture from when I was playing with it so long ago. (Nothing that is on the mantle in this picture is still there and almost all the furniture in this picture is gone - so please don't critique what is here...it is just to show you the room. I can't find the camera to take a picture of it now.)

{{!gwi}}

As I said, the leggy French pieces are gone in there.

My inspiration room, as for so many others, is ZuZus room.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg0414025510351.html

My room is a really odd one, 19' long, 13' deep. It opens into the entry/dining area on one 13 side which is wide open. The other 13' side has an ugly fireplace. One long wall is broken up by the stairs and the opposite has French doors going into my office. No windows.

Anyway...we are trying do an "okay to live with now" room because we are sick and tired of it being a place we we just throw junk. We see it when we first come in the house and it is depressing. I'll be painting (either BM Baby Turtle or Flowering Herb, haven't decided yet.)

The two antique pieces I have that are staying in the room are:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

So then I decided that it made better sense for us to do 4 chairs with a round coffee table. I can't afford to get new ones right now so I have been watching craigslist.

These came up today.

{{!gwi}}

He has four of them, identical. Ten years old, no rips or tears. They are 34in from front to back and 34in from side to side so not so big or deep which is good.

What do you all think of the chair? Plus he wants me to make an offer and I always hate starting first. $200 per chair? Offer $100 and go to $200?

I was thinking four matching chairs would help ground the room?

Thanks all, for any input.

Comments (16)