SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiredofthedrama

ex-husband drama

tiredofthedrama
16 years ago

My ex-husband has been in jail for the better part of the last five years. When he went to jail I was five months pregnant with our son. I divorce him 9 months later while he was still in jail. I met someone while I was in the process of divorce & remarried 6 months later. Now that my ex-husband is out of jail he claims he wants to have a relationship with our now five year old son. He has only been out of jail for 2 months and has caused all kinds of drama with my family trying to turn my family agains my current husband. In spite of that, we still tried to allow him to see my son on a few occasion, but our stipulations are he has to visit him under our supervision. He does not want to acknowledge my husband. He said he will not speak to him or ackowledge him in anyway & I feel that is being disrespectful to my husband. He has helped raise my son since he was 11 months old. I told my ex that I am not asking for him to be friends, but he has to respect him and his place in our son's life. He says no. At this point he is not allowed to see our son because we have given him a couple of opportunities (our sons birtyday party & his soccer games)& he would not come because he did not want to be around my husband. He wants me allow him to have my son on his own or I bring him without my husband. Am I wrong for not allowing that? & Should I make him ackowledge & respect my husband before he can see &/or deal with our son?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH