SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danse_gw

Very interested in New Capital Culinarian 30inch manual clean

DanSE
9 years ago

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I've been doing lots of research on the Capital Culinarian. It seems like the best option for my situation. I am a professional chef that rarely cooks at home, but when I do, I'd really like to enjoy it. I've been saving to remodel my awful city condo kitchen for the last 5 years and am finally taking the plunge. Thank you to everyone who posted all the helpful information on other threads about this range.

I have some concerns with the newest model that just came out. Again I am interested in the Culinarian 30inch manual clean model. (I really like the self clean with the rotisserie, but it's frankly out of my price range). From my understanding, here are the newest differences:

-The new model has 3x23k burners and 1x8k burner (but for extra $ you can upgrade to all 23k)
-The new model has stainless center grate, while the old model has cast iron center grates
-The new model comes standard with no vertical back trim piece/vent. From older pictures, it looked like it was about 3 inches or so?
-They removed the glass cover on the broiler (the distributer told me this makes more space in the oven)
-The igniter seems to be mounted differently

Things I have questions about:

-What are the differences that I didn't mention?
-Does the lack of a glass cover on the broiler make a big difference?
-The one burner at 8k doesn't really bother me, especially after reading about some issues with ability to have things on a low flame. Are there any disadvantages?
-Does the stainless center grate cause any negative effects? Besides looking like it will get scratched up easily?
-I am really interested in the stainless backsplash with the shelf. My retailer had to put a call in to his distributor to find out a price, and hasn't got back to me. Any ideas on what it would cost for a 30 inch?

Thank you in advance for any help!
-Dan

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County