SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

This week's finds! :) Yeah!

CEFreeman
11 years ago

Well, if you're in the DC/MD area and need a fridge, freezer or stove, now's the time. Some appliance outfit donated probably 30 of each to the Community Forklift.

Lots of orphan cabinets, which makes me sick!. There are some cool, W3030 that are not painted, and a great Shaker door, with ... GLASS! OMG! They look like a little sand paper would do the trick for restaining. They're gorgeous.

I picked up 4 more of the exterior French doors I got 2 weeks ago. They're going to be the fixed windows on the porch off the kitchen & dining area.

I also found a whole bunch of 6x6" posts to use for, well, the POSTS! These buggers are about $18 for an 8' beam, and I paid $1.00 a foot.

I also found a replacement, exterior door for the mudroom, which has a solid bottom panel I can put another dog door into. It's pretty. The one I have right now is crap and doesn't close well.

My Multi-Purpose Fred has been taking apart stockade fence panels (but the flat kind, not the rounded kind) and putting them up for the porch ceiling. It is SO COOL and FREE!!! (Other than his labor, but I am more than read to pay him.) I can't imagine what I'd pay for reclaimed 6"w, 8"h 3/4" thick wood, to cover a 37' x 12' porch ceiling. Here in DC? OMG. cheeCHING! I'm just taking my fence down and an internal chain link is moving to the outside.

AND Fred and his hunting buddy finished the siding on the back of my house today. (In exchange for bow hunting rights.) I now have siding on all four sides of my house for the first time since 2005. It looks like a home rather than a trailer's tornado aftermath.

Other than the termites, it's been a great 2 weeks!

Comments (8)