SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gram_nh

Yesterday....I held a paintbrush..yeah!

gram_NH
17 years ago

When I came home from DD's yesterday, there was a box on my porch. It was some watermelons, that I had painted a few years back for a friend, with a note asking if I could touch them up!

Havent' been able to concentrate latlely on detailed painting but boy this was a God send!

Many years ago when we had our wood stove, I had ordered a cord and when we were stacking it, I found the 'wedge' that they cut the tree down with. You know how they wedge it to make it fall a certain way.
Well, I looked at it and said...don't anybody burn this. It sat in front of the stove for a whole season and when it was good and dry, I painted it to look like a watermelon slice!! The bark made an awesome rind! Anyway, I called the wood guy and asked him to save me some more. One day....50 of them were in my yard! Told him I would pay him...he said, naw..just paint one for me. I did, and his wife called and wanted 6 more...on and on it went and I sold enough to pay for our season campgroud that year.

I had done 4 for this friend. She has them on her picnic table in a low basket, all summer long. They sure did need a pick me up. When I finished them I went to the shed...yup I found a box of them! I prime them first and then just slap on the red and green paint. When that is dry I go over them and shade them and paint the seeds. Not a project you really have to concentrate on...and it felt soooooo darn good to accomplish something!!!

Sorry so long...in a yapping mood this morn! Have a great day all....I'm gonna!!

Comments (3)