SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchendreaming_gw

I am replacing my corner cabinet...Please comment...

kitchendreaming
12 years ago

hi

I had put a corner pullout, 49", with the shape of a kidney. We had thought about it a lot and decided on this vs a 24" drawer base, to save a few inches in filler, and because we were advised that otherwise we will be wasting corner space...

Well, the pullout is installed and I realize that I do not like it... I carefully placed things inside and compared with the 24" drawer base that I have... it DOES NOT hold a lot more. Plus, you have to be careful that whatever you put there is not heavy, and that it is well balanced or else it hits the inside of the cabinet...

I called our GC and asked if he can put a 24" base drawer there, sure thing, we can still do it...Of course he will charge for the extra labor. There will be only 1" filler, and because the other cabinet on the L is a sink, this means I will be able to open one of the 3 drawers only 16". (Handles are 1 1/2 "). To me, this is a small price to pay.

But before I go ahead, is there something I am missing? Everybody was so insistent on using that corner space. The corner will be dead now with the 24" base drawer, but I cannot wait...

So, please tell me if anybody else has had this experience, and if there is something I am missing...

Thanks!

Comments (10)