SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jan_in_wisconsin

Recliner Quandary - Is it possible to please DH in style?

jan_in_wisconsin
10 years ago

I have posted recently about moving beyond our microfiber living room sofa and purchasing new furniture - finally, after over a decade.

The good news is that I found a comfortable mid-range priced, casual sofa, sofa chair, and accent chair, all of which I love. However, my DH really wants a SWIVEL recliner, preferably leather for easier maintenance.

The problem with the recliner is the swivel requirement. The swivel recliners I have seen are all bulky and quite unattractive.

He did find one that is more petite than most, which helps, a leather swivel recliner by Lane (Belmont):

But . . . I'm not loving it, though I'm trying to be flexible and compromising, etc. I can't help but think it's just going to seem so out of place.

I would prefer a recliner that is more discrete, like this one (Chloe by Lane):

It doesn't swivel, obviously, but it could be angled more toward the TV so that the swivel wouldn't be such an issue.

Also, DH is picky about how high the recliner leg support lifts. He wants it to lift plenty high, and some recliners only lift slightly.

Oh brother!

Help! We had planned to order tomorrow, but I am having such second thoughts about the recliner; wondering if maybe there might be another better option.

I am going to show DH the Chloe recliner tonight and see if he would be alright with it if it were angled.

So, what do you think? Is it possible to please DH in style??? Any other recommendations or ideas?

Comments (42)