SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ameskay

Please help with furniture style and placements!

Amy Kim
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My parents' home layout is a little odd, and it has been challenging to come up with furniture that they want that work with this space... that they have been using "temp" furniture for 3 years! We can use some ideas please.

The floor plan with current "temp" furnitures are below.. and I highlighted the area that needs furniture.

Preferred configurations (in order of preference)

1. option 1: something that allows a sofa + 1 reclining chair (they are a huge fan of my room and board recliner)
  2. option 2: something that allows a sofa with chaise (they like something like this)
  3. option 3: something with 2 sofas (maybe on against the wall shared with the kitchen, and another where the sofa currently is)

Other requirements:

• Must be easy to watch TV from the sofa
  • Must keep the large dining table (they often have guests and now use this for working from home)
  • Generally like less-cluttered design

Other preferences (but not required):

• Would like to be able to watch TV from the dining table, if possible
  • When people visit, after sitting on the dining table, they tend to exit the house (door is top right corner) through the kitchen, instead of through the livingroom. Would be great if the design encourages people to exit the house through the livingroom.

Thank you in advance for all ideas!!

Floorplan

Areas to design

Current furnitures

Current photos

Comments (8)