SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
proserpina_gw

Is it ever going to end?

proserpina
17 years ago

Congratulations Bio-mom, if driving the children's father aways is what you are working for, you are doing one heck of a job at it! My hat is off to you. Nicely done.

For the sole factor that you are the biological mother, you have the law on your side. Fathers really have little protection when it comes to the law and divorce.

YOU can always ask for more money, even when their father is giving you money as if you have full custody when you have joined.

YOU will always have the children on your side and they will see nothing wrong because you are their mother and you make sure that the children feel responsible for you and THEY need to take care of you.

YOU will boycott anything their father encourages....

And if I hear ANYONE ever spout again, "in the best interest of the children" I am going to lose it once and for all. Bio-parents HIDE behind that phrase. I have NEVER heard that phrase spoken with truth, not even from the justices that have dealt with our situation.

If you are a person of dignity, how on earth can you justify your poor behavior? I mean, would you bio-mom tolerate your own behavior from anyone else? I didn't think so either.

Your dad wasn't present in your life. Don't let history repeat itself with your children. You know how that is and you know how it was with your mother too! Why are you doing this? There are ALWAYS alternatives.

Explain to me, how is taking your anger out on the children's father going to do any good in this situation? If you're that angry still, go somewhere else and face it once and for all. You'll see it's hardly about him anymore.

We all have so much good in our lives. Let's focus on that. Let's work on finding constructive ways of moving forward. Let's move on, please. You're a good mother, he's a good father and you have both found two people to be with that make you happy now and that ADORE the children. Can you please please please then leave the children's father alone? Your accusations and requests are really wearing.... and trust me when I say this, the chidren ARE paying the price of your anger. Just like with alcoholics that say they never drink in front of their children and that therefore the children won't suffer, your anger is doing the same thing: CHILDREN FEEL IT ALL, WHETHER THEY SEE IT OR THEY DON'T.

I always try to stay positive and hopeful in my posts, but hearing my husband say he wants to move out of state because he can't deal with her anymore (how many times can we go to court?) breaks my heart because he loves his children. And I know that 99.9% of what he says in moments like these is more of him voicing his frustration rather than actual truth, but it breaks my heart because it is far from the truth.

Why is it that when it comes to divorce we find so much of even our own reprehensible behavior to be justified? I mean, it's like an abusive relationship that you just can't get out of... wouldn't you want to do something about it if you find another person to be your "trigger" for REALLY INAPPROPRIATE behavior particularly when you will be linked to that person through your children FOREVER?

I'm rambling, I'm sorry. But I'm just really hurt, tired and am hardly in the position to go to court again. I am always trying to be the pillar for my husband to lean on; I try to stay strong for the children's sake to maintain some normalcy in our lives... but man, there are only so many tears a person can cry in silence, so many soothing showers a person can take, and only so much a person can do to not let toxicity like this enter a home.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH