SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheesharee

Update - bathroom is finished

Sheeisback_GW
12 years ago

This took way longer than I would've liked but here it is. I went with BM Moroccan Red and we're very happy with the color. I've had no problems with makeup application. The ceiling is Ace Light Navajo White like the rest of the house. Trim is white.

*If you don't want to read details, jump below.

I'd first like to say I used BM Aura Bath & Spa and I was completely amazed at how wonderful the stuff is. I used leftover white Zinsser 123 primer and even though I used two coats of red, it covered in one. I even love the smell! It's kind of fruity and reminds me almost of pina colada. Worth every penny.

We did remove the mirror to paint but put it back after the first coat so we didn't bang the wall all up iykwim.

I wish I could get the colors to show up accurate. The red isn't orange at all. The towels are linen and match the rug and the background of the shower curtain. I tried using gold and camel colored towels but to my surprise, I didn't like it.

I prefer warmer finishes but I was concerned about how orb would hold up over time and wondered if I'd tire of it eventually. I also couldn't justify replacing the perfectly good shower curtain rod and rings. I think the chrome has a very clean look. The vanity lights were chrome but looked cheap so they were sprayed orb. I also switched out the curtain rod from antique brass to orb.

I tried all white knobs for the vanity but they looked gaudy so I ended up with the chrome/white and think it works.

I know some people are going to be grossed out by the stand near the toilet but it doesn't bother me. There are also a few inches of breathing room between the shelf and the toilet.

Before:

I can't find a before shot of the bathroom put together but here's what I started with.

{{gwi:1582345}}

This was the original valance that was paired with burgundy towels and shower curtain. I gave them to my Mom.

{{gwi:1761375}}

After:

This one is a pretty accurate shot of the wall color. - at least on my monitor.

{{gwi:1761376}}

{{gwi:1761377}}

I'm open to suggestion with the shelf. I had a smaller glass hurricane holding the soap (3 bars was all that would fit) but it didn't look weighty enough. I also had a smaller wicker basket with 3 towels but I think it looks better with the one that's there.

{{gwi:1761378}}

The vanity is SW Woodsy Brown. It's very warm and matches the brown in the floral fabric well.

There are times I wish I would've tried stain first but the sides weren't real wood and I didn't feel like messing with it at the time.

{{gwi:1761379}}

{{gwi:1761380}}

I'll take another picture when the sun goes down so you can see the fabrics better.

Comments (62)