SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ultraviolet_gw

Ceiling fan size advice needed

ultraviolet
13 years ago

I've been trying to find a "perfect" ceiling fan for our small bedroom for awhile now. The fan that's up now was up when we bought the house - it's an old ugly yellowed white and bright shiny brass 52" Hunter that has a horrible faint high pitched whine from the motor (I'm guessing fan motors don't like to be coated in nicotine like the entire rest of the house was, grr).

I've narrowed it down to a Minka Aire Supra in brushed steel.

HOWEVER, I have been going back and forth over if I should get the 44" one or the 52" one.

Our bedroom is small (about 11x11, 8ft ceilings), so the guidelines say that the 44" one would work. However, I'm now torn between the 44 and the 52 because the 52" one we have now doesn't look freakishly large (but I'm decorating challenged, to say the least) and the 52" one uses less watts on high than the 44" one even though the cfm of the 52" is about 300 more. The 52" is also cheaper than the 44".

However, I'm pretty sure that either fan would move more air than what's up there now and I don't want to be blown away by it.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm getting to the point that I believe I'm way over-thinking this so any hand-holding would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: Minka Aire Supra

Comments (5)