SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmullin88

Need quiet powerful roof mount ceiling exhaust fan. Advice?

Dorothy
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Greetings,

I live in relatively hot part of California, and the main part of my house has a main floor, plus a very large loft section. Needless to say, the hot air really accumulates in that loft space (which is our primary office areas, so we spend a lot of time there). When we were building the house 20+ years ago, we had the foresight to put in a roof mounted attic fan at the very top of that space, but we obviously didn't give it much thought at the time. Our current fan has always been ridiculously loud...and I kind of guess the assumption is that attic fans go in attics or maybe barns where noise isn't usually a problem. We are putting on a new roof very soon, and would love to get a replacement fan that is as quiet and as powerful as possible. Our current fan is wired, so I don't need to go with solar when I replace our current one. Any recommendations? I see a lot of 'roof mounted attic fans' for sale online, but...again...I wonder if anything marketed as 'attic' fan will be as loud as the one we have now. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Chuck

Comments (4)