SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pps7_gw

Brushed or polished nickel hardware for this kitchen?

pps7
14 years ago

We are finalizing our Shiloh inset cabinetry order on Thursday-I'm so excited!

Restoration Hardware is having a sale and I want to go ahead and purchase cabinet hardware.

The style of the home is a mix of English country and contemporary. The kitchen will have white inset cabinets, absolute granite counters, wide plank pine floors, no upper cabinets but I'm hoping to put in a few salvaged elm shelves. The appliaces are all stainless including the hood. There is no blacksplash-behind the range will be a sheet of stainless. The faucets are in a stainless finish as well. We are going to use the Aubrey knobs/pulls.

I love the polished nickel finish, but the brushed nickel goes better with stainless. The light fixtures are going to be polished nickel. Will the polished nickel clash with the stainless? Will the brushed nickel make the kitchen look too cold. Also, I love the Aubrey pulls, but prefer the Gilmore knob. Does that look okay?Does it really matter -LOL! It's so difficult to all of these elements in my head and making these choices without anything actually istalled yet.

Comments (12)