SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluetoes_gw

Mother vs Stepfather...

bluetoes
21 years ago

First let me say I have been with my Stepfather since I was 5 years old. I am 28 now. My mother and him have this thing going on between the both of them, where they run to me to bash each other at times. They have both said to me at one time are another, there just with each other because there to old to throw everything they have worked for away. This is my problem, I love my stepdad to death, he has been there for me threw thick and thin. We have a wonderful relationship. I have always turned to him for advice, on anything. I am the baby of 4 kids, so my Mother and I are close also, but Mom tries to tell me what to do, rather I ask or not. Which upsets me, she is always telling me things I need to do, or should not do with my boys. My stepfather will tell me, there your kids and you do what you think is right. My husband thinks this is all funny, which I don't, he says I take things right to the heart. I really think she needs to be very thankful for this man, he has given her a life she could have never had with my real dad. Sometimes I want to say Mom if you would have stayed with my real dad can you even begin to think about what all our lives would have been like? I don't want to hurt her in no way, and I don't want to hurt my stepdad either, but it breaks my heart to hear them say things about each other. I love them both very much, Do you think there just mad at those times, and venting.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor