SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
curley6_gw

Small House + Big Family

curley6
11 years ago

To make a long story short my husband, four kids an I are moving from well over 2,000 sq feet to 1,150!

Right now we have 2 baths, 4 bedrooms but use one as a play room. We have a basement family room, huge kitchen with dining area, big living room, 4 season room! Tons of space but we don't use a lot of it and my house is full of stuff.

I think we will need alternatives to dressers for cloths so the kids have room to play in their rooms at least sometimes and the ceilings area little low so bunk beds may not work.

We're moving to a new state and home prices are higher. This small house is the only one in the neighborhood we want to be in that will work or us. We came very close to having a deal on a 3,000 sf foot home and realized the cost was too much and really beyond our means and needs.

Now people look at me like I am nuts when I tell them we'll be moving into a charming, 3bed one bath home with a tiny kitchen, small porch type room that is heated and has ac, a living room that does have space for a dining room, a great big yard and some small out buildings.

We have two boys ages 8 and 4 and two girls ages 7 and 2. They share rooms right now so I know that's not a big deal. I guess I am wondering if other families on the forum have down this.

Comments (17)