SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hey_ho

I know I need help so please don't criticize!!!

hey-ho
17 years ago

I hate my step-son, I do, I really hate him.

Now I have worked with children for 8 years and I have never come across one that I hate.

I have been married for 2 months and been with my husband for 4 and 1/2 years. I met his son when he was 2 years old, he is now 6 and 1/2. We had our first child 2 years ago.

Ok, I know that I don't really hate the child and that what I hate is that my husband's ex has this child the majority of the time and is treating him like a baby, not making him do anything on his own. She will not talk to my husband about his son because she says he has no say in his life he is just supposed to pay the support. When his son comes over he expects me to do everything for him, because his mother does that. He will not listen to anything I say and tells me he doesn't have to. He doesn't know the difference between a fork and a spoon (because, you can even ask him, mom feeds him), he doesn't know how to wash his hands even a little, and he doesn't know how to blow his nose.

Now our 2 year old knows all of that, by no means is he exceptionally smart, but this is common sense things that have to be taught while they are young.

My husband trusts our 2 year old to be by himself in the living room but when his son enters the room he worries about our son getting hurt because his son has not been taught common sense things to keep himself and others safe.

He says how can we teach him everything he needs to know when we only get him every other weekend? It's true, we try but everything is just getting worse.

It's now to the point for me that just the thought of the child makes me sick.

I do have a lot going on and I have tried to lessen those things on the weekends we get him. but I am ending up yelling at my husband because I don't want to yell at his son or yell in front of our son. My husband then asks what is going on with me, I've told him I need help but I don't know what to do or who to talk to. I am so frustrated and hurt that I even say that I hate my step-son but right now it's the truth and I need to change that but I don't know how.

I would appreciate any comments but please don't talk down to me or tell me how wrong I am, because I know that already.

Thank you

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource