SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigger

Opinions on combining marble & glass tile

tigger
14 years ago

You all are probably going to get very tired of seeing posts from me about my backsplash :) I hope not though since I'm still struggling! I've narrowed it down (I think), so am almost positive I want to use marble rather than all glass tile, but am now wondering if I can possibly integrate a glass tile with the marble (not in the same tile such as a glass/stone mosaic, just separately).

I came across photos of Chloes_mom's kitchen and love how she used small 1x1 glass tiles as vertical accents, rather than horizontally. How do you think this would look with marble though - would it just take away from the marble?

For example, if I used calacatta marble with glass tile, would something such as the photos below look weird? A couple of options:

1) Use only marble on the range wall and then glass tile accents on the two other walls

2) Glass tile as backsplash ONLY behind the range (or combination behind the range with a border)

I'm so horrible at visualizing things - obviously I do not have a designer's eye! :) Does anyone know of any website or software that will allow you to actually plan out what your backsplash will look like?? I guess I could try on paper, but my drawing skills leave a lot to be desired also!

Calacatta marble 3x6 tile

Silver irridescent 1x1 glass tile

{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)