SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Good morning--Wednesday

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Hi all, We are finally getting some rain. Was afraid it would pass us by--not that I like dreary days (my DS loves them) but we need all the rain we can get so I don't have to hear those dreaded words "water rationing" in the summer. Had that a couple years ago--could only water on specific days, couldn't wash your car in your driveway, etc. So many people have so much invested in time and money on their yards--and "brown" is not my favorite color! So I am always thankful when we get rain.

Yes, I know some of you are getting snow. Makes it hard to get out and about safely, but you have to admit it is beautiful to see the flakes falling, and wake up to a blanket of clean white on everything. Really nice if you are able to stay indoors! Ha ha

Anybody making any good soups or stews? DH and I had chicken pot pies the other night--they were just the Marie Callendar ones, but tasted really good. I think I will slow cook a roast with onion soup in my oven today--will help warm the house and it smells so good. Do all of you do that one? You just put foil in a pan then a frozen chuck roast, sprinkle it with Lipton onion soup, wrap it up tight, put it in a 250 degree oven and let it cook all day. It makes the most wonderful broth which can be thickened for gravy. It can cook six or so hours and is melt in your mouth tender. So easy--I love it.

Gotta go, will check back in later. Luvs

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County