SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Child's passport

lovehadley
15 years ago

We are going to the Florida and the Caribbean at spring break. My DD needs a passport. We've been to this island many times before but they just recently (in the last two yrs) changed it so they you cannot travel on a birth certificate---that's what I had used for her in the past.

Anyway, I have to apply for a passport for her and I am *nervous* about the whole uninvolved dad thing. I know that both parents are supposed to be present to apply. But I've done research and everything I've read says that the only time they make an exception is when there is only one parent on the birth cert.

My name is the ONLY name on her birth certificate. The father's info is all blank.

I also have full custody and have papers showing that I have sole physical and legal custody.

So I am thinking I should bring those court papers in addition to her birth certificate, right?

Has anyone else been in this situation or know of any other things I might need?

I think it will be fine, but until I actually go the post office and apply, I am just a tad nervous. Everything I've READ online says that I should be fine getting her one....but I stress, anyway!

Comments (7)