SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
martienne

Younger Woman Married Older Widower

martienne
16 years ago

I am a young woman, (10 years younger than my husband) who has 2 adult children who are 12 to 15 years younger than myself. The older child has two young children. Both children are very spoiled and have lived a very financially privileged life.

The married daughter (34 years old) recently asked her father to purchase $11,000 breast implants for her. He paid for them and the whole experience has been really upsetting to me. She had us babysit her (very sickly one-year old son) who was quite sick and passed his upper respiratory infection to me (making me sick for 1 1/2 months with a sever sinus infection that would not go away. She was constantly calling her father saying she was in terrible pain and could he babysit her children while she went to numerous dr.'s appointments re: her new breat implants.

Since this event, her son has passed his infections onto me everytime I am around him. He is highly contageous and even if I do not touch him, I get sick. My husband, who is not careful with handwashing, etc., holds him, kisses him, etc. and passes his germs to me.

I have been sick almost on a monthly basis with terrible illnesses, bronchitis for 2 weeks and so on. I have refused to be around the family because of this and feel that I cannot be with them until the child's health improves. The parents expect my husband to babysit frequently and I have been sharing in this role. I have no children and cannot tolerate the screaming, destroying the house, etc. that go with young children. The parents say they will be out for an hour and return 3 1/2 hours later. I am a frazzled wreck at that point. I feel that I should not have to babysit my husband's children which I don't anymore but fear when the child's health improves, they will expect me to help with babysitting.

I have also found the daughter and husband to be very inconsiderate and obnoxious when over at our house. I dread being with them which will happen at some point in the future. Extensive counseling has not helped me.

I would like to share my experiences with a woman with similar problems marrying a widower with adult children and grandchildren that has never been married before and does not have children. My husband will never have a child with me because of admittedly selfish reasons. I accepted this fate because I do not want children either, but on the other hand, do not want to deal with his.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction