SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stepmom_gw

Need help with DH and bio Son

stepmom
17 years ago

My bio son, age 19 today, hurt his back at his part time job, he is also a full time student. He asked me to take him to the hospital. My son NEVER asks to be seen at the hospital unless he is in a lot of pain. When I called my DH at work to tell him I was taking my son to the ER he yelled at me for going with him. DH didn't mind my son going alone but he had a problem with me taking him. I'm trying to figure if DH is jealous or what and why he has a problem when I do something for my son. I rarely do anything for my son because of my DH's reaction. DH has been like this in other situations since we have been married. My son has noticed this too and said that his stepfather always has a terrible attitude with him. When we are at home they seem to get along just fine. My DH is always telling me that my son is an adult and should learn to do stuff for himself. I don't totally disagree with his statement but in the case of an emergency does anyone out there think I should have made my son go to the hospital alone or is DH just being rude? DH has his own bio daughter and he would never make her do anything or go alone. Both kids live in our home.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES