SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theclose

Need assistance with nursery furniture placement

theclose
10 years ago

Hi All,

Slowly but surely plugging along on our new home. Thanks for all your assistance thus far. I would like your input on my daughter's room. I'm really in a quandary as to the furniture placement. Room measurements are 11.5'x17.5'. In the room there is a crib, a changing table, an etagere, an armchair and a cabinet that is being used for clothing. My problem is that clothing cabinet. I can't find the best place for it, although I realize that maybe a "best" place doesn't exist.

In the pictures below, the only thing that has to stay where it is is the etagere. This is due to ceiling height, which is not consistent in the room. The house is a center hall colonial with sloping. The etagere can go anywhere on that wall but definitely on that wall. The chair that is there currently is a place holder- it belongs in the master but is being used here until the rocker/glider gets new slipcovers. Curtains are being hung next week, and pictures the week after, so I want to decide before pictures are hung!

I am including pics of the room with the clothing cabinet in two different locations. I definitely don't like the cabinet on the wall facing the door. I like it in the second set of pics but it will block one panel of the curtains on that window. I had it on the wall with the etagere but that was just temporary and I didn't like it there either. Thoughts? I can play more with arrangement and post pics if new suggestions are given. Thanks!!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (19)