SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren0319

Need help with furniture placement in baby girl's nursery! PICS

lauren0319
12 years ago

Baby girl #2 will be here in very early September and I need to start thinking about her nursery. She will be going in our "spare" room... the room I haven't really done anything w/... we were just waiting for a sweet baby to fill it! Her room shares a jack and jill bathroom with Baby girl #1. (okay, toddler girl #1; she's 2 1/2 and very excited to be a big sister!!)

This room is a very awkward shape. The blue will be GONE as soon as I decide on a color scheme. Right now I'd like to start thinking about furniture placement.

View from the door

and working my way counter-clockwise

The only place the crib can go is against this wall (I think.)

Built-in drawers and closet

Crib placement. Here is the crib. It is 60 in. wide.

I think the perfect spot is in this little "nook" right here; it is 63 inches wide. However, I sorta feel like it would be hazardous to put it against a window... but I'm not sure why. (I live in S. Texas. We do not have severe weather.) WDYT?

Secondly is this piece of furniture. It is 39 in. wide.

I thought it could go on the wall between the door and bathroom; but that is 39 1/2 in. wide... would it look too "crammed" ?

We also have a black glider that will go.... somewhere???? And I don't need a changing table bc I will use the bathroom counter.

Thoughts?

Comments (5)