SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seaglassic

and here I am, again....lol

seaglassic
16 years ago

I figured that somewhere along the line, it would be a bit of trouble, for the ones in charge of the website, for personal things to be posted on the forum, so they have the 'overflow' side..here, to talk about anything other than the mosaic things....

I got started into any type of mosaic, about 4 years ago..I didn't do any projects, just gathered the dishes, and tools and ideas...broke dozens of dishes and catagorized them.

I have several milk crates full of vases and jars, with a huge stash of different design dishes and many projects in the works, but only a handful have been completed.

I did one very small mosaic, on a kitchen glass.

I liked it and thought that it was time to get some things done.

did a vase and set it in the front room window and there it sat.

I had started a complicated BB a long time ago but only got as far as one section, about 3" around...it's still waiting on me.

then, the frying pan swap came about and I got involved in that one..

it was more or less a determined effort, to break out of my mold of not completeing projects.

it was a way to push myself to finish something I had started. That was fun but nervewracking, cuz I had very little confidence in the final piece.

since then, I haven't done much else with any of it. I love to see all the hard work that everyone has put into their works and although I don't do much in the mosaicing, I doubt I would ever leave this site. there's a multitude of ideas and encouragement that keeps me on track.

now, I'm so into the porcelain painting that it's going to be limited in time that I actually do get time to start, much less finish a mosaic..but I'm encouraged, to keep trying.

Becky

Comments (3)

Sponsored