SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gooseegg

Moving back

gooseegg
16 years ago

Oh my gosh - i just have to vent!!!!!

On Saturday, my SD told my husband that at the end of the school year, she was wanting to come back to live with us.

Heres the problem: when she went to live with her BM, her BM completely turned her against me and her father for the longest time. Her BM also sold her a bill fo goods of just how FABULOUS it would be for her to start all over and have a perfect life. The SD then starting hating, and i do mean hating her life with us, from her friends, to everything we said or did. She deliberatly came between my husband and I, just for grins. She constantly told her BM how "bad" it was here, and she was always getting into trouble (which was not true) and complain...complain....complain. Its all she did for 5 months until she went to live with her BM. Her father told her, now if you do this, unless its safety reasons, this is the choice you have made, to which she said, fine.

Well now her BM is in a relationship with a man, whom the SD doesnt like. Now she only wants to move back because

1. "she is constantly in trouble".

2. because we have more money and will buy her more things, because she deserves them

3. she has no friends down there

4. she has to share her stuff with BM's BF daughter

Now, she was just here for a visit, and it was very difficult. She continued to ignore me, be rude to me, and had a complete lack of respect for me, no matter what i said or did. the only time she was nice was if she got something, whether she needed it or not. She was rude to my son, and was always being a smart@ss to him, trying to make him feel bad.

I am stressed already because my husband and I do not agree at all on what she is doing. I see all this behavior, yet he doesnt. I really feel my marriage will suffer if she moves back, if it will last at all. Now, you may say, well, she will change her mind before the end of the school year...um, nope, my husband has said that he will go get her the minute she decides to come back, before school ends if need be. My problem is this does nothing to teach her to take responsibility for her choice. She has already learned that if she complains enough, she will always get what she wants from someone. and unless it is a safety issue, i think she should stay down there at least until school is over.

I always dread when she comes for a visit, because she is constantly manipulating, rude, mean, disrespectful and just a massive DRAMA queen! I dont want to say that i dont want her to come back, because in the long run she will be much better off, but its the "in-the-meantime" meantime. I am so afraid my marriage will dissolve (almost happened a couple of times because of the same issue) I just dont feel like i am ready for this kind of stress...and its not really worth talking to hubby, he never sees what i see, and we always end up arguing about it......I know many different issues, sorry :-(

Comments (11)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!