SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forever_learning

How would you decorate around this rug?

forever_learning
15 years ago

This may seem like a silly question, but I'm confused. My sweet dd selected a rug for her room. She is 13 years old and loves bright colors. This rug has it all! The problem is what quilt and duvet cover goes with this rug? We've been looking at pottery barn teen and she sees many things she likes, but I'm afraid the room will look busy if we aren't careful. Do we need to stick with a solid quilt and duvet cover, or can we get some sort of print? If a print is acceptable what are the "rules"?

My dh gave my dd a "day with dad certificate" for Christmas. My dd has decided to spend Saturday with her dad decorating her room. This means we have to pick out the quilt and duvet cover and paint color by Friday night.

Her room faces west and she would like to paint her walls a light blue-grey color. There are two shades of blue in this rug. One is light blue. Do you think this is a good color choice?

Here are pictures of the rug:

Whole Rug

Center of Rug

detail 1

detail 2

detail 3

So after seeing so many pictures of this rug, what kind of quilt and duvet cover would you select? Will light blue-grey walls work?

Thanks for being the sisters I wish I had.

Comments (32)