SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twoboyzmom

My stepson & his mom are out of control!

twoboyzmom
15 years ago

I am new to these forums and I'm in really bad need of some advice. My boyfriend and I have been together for over two years now. I have two boys from a previous marriage (ages 4 and 5), and he has two children from a previous marriage (4 year old girl and 10 year old boy). The problem we are having isn't just with the 10 year old, but also with his ex-wife. She hates me even though I have never did anything to her. She tells her kids that I took their daddy away, so his 10 year old son hates me too. He is constantly acting out when he's at our house and this weekend, he did the unthinkable. He went back home and told his mother that he was abused at our house. He did have a small bruise on the back of his shoulder, but all four of kids fight and play rough, so we have no clue where he got it. However, he told his mom that my brother hit him so hard it bruised him. We know for a fact this didn't happen because the incident that he was referring to happened at house in my presence. My brother had came over and he and my stepson are always playing around/picking with each other. My brother is a grown man with a wife and three kids of his own, so he knows how to play with children. I saw them playing and laughing in the living room and so did a few other people who were at our house that night. But since my stepson told his mom that my brother put the bruise on him, she has contacted detectives and filed reports on it. She also tried to get both my boyfriend and me fired from our job since we both work at the sheriff's department. Today, we found out she is filing to get his visitation suspended. My boyfriend tried explaining to her that my brother did not aggressively hit a 10 year old boy and that the very same night, my son was fighting with him and pushed him down and we think this is possibly how the bruise got there. I love my stepson to death, but he has a huge lying problem and his mom believes anything he says. She has also told many lies on my boyfriend in the past to try to get him fired from his job. She even went as far as to take out false criminal charges on him last year. The charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. She also hid out in the woods at our house with a video camera trying to get in my boyfriend in trouble for being there (when we first got together and she found out). She has told both of his children that I was a bad person and called me vulgar names because they have came back and told us that. She has even called me those names herself while on the phone with my boyfriend. He voice records every conversation with her and I have heard most of them. His voice recorder has saved his job many times when she has went and told lies about him. His son does not like me and I understand it's normal with older children to not like the "step parent" because they probably do feel that they split their parents up. And when they have a mother who is jealous as the one in our situation and is constantly telling them to hate me, that doesn't help things. But my biggest concern is his lying. My brother, who has a family of his own, could possibly get into some real trouble based on a 10 year old's lie and the ignorance of his psycho mother. My boyfriend is meeting with his attorney tomorrow about the visitation matter. But it's my brother that I'm really concerned about since he is the one being accused of something he didn't do. And what is to stop him from accusing me, my boyfriend, or any other members of my family with something else? No matter what he says, his mom will believe him and do all she can to get us in some kind of trouble, either with our jobs, criminally, or as far as visitation goes. I see why her son lies so much...he obviously gets it from her. Is there anything at all we can do? Or do we just sit back and hope mother and son decide to tell the truth about things?

Comments (3)