SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pshaffer_gw

Blank Slate for Layout Ideas

pshaffer
11 years ago

I received some great advice here recently about our kitchen remodel budget and am back for more. Now it is time for layout suggestions. I have some ideas, but want to see what more experienced people come up with. Below is the floorplan of the kitchen. I have intentionally left out all utilities because I can move them if compelled by a great layout. Here is a list of requirements:

Cannot remove walls

Keep window foot print, but may widen to ~5' (could go 2' to the left or right, or 1' on either side for instance, but can't move out of current opening completely).

Keep framed pantry

Keep heat on same wall (might consider hydronic toe-kick heaters if necessary)

Usage:

One cook, three kids

Entertain routinely for 6-12 people (typically huddle in kitchen and dining room)

Need coat/shoe storage for five people (creative and/or stylish solutions greatly appreciated)

Fully custom cabinetry (I am building it)

Appliances: 30" slide-in electric range oven with hood, standard or CD refrigerator, standard 24" DW, microwave

Seating in kitchen is not necessary because of close proximity and open floor plan to dining room with table, but could be nice if island is in plan and there is clearance.

So go wild and impress me. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Cheers.

Comments (32)