SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
norasnews

New Project - Kitchen Remodel

norasnews
12 years ago

I would love your thoughts on this kitchen floor plan. Our architect came up with this in order to take advantage of a great back yard along the FR/Kitchen wall.. he added 2 french doors out to the yard, and I wasn't sure I wanted to go through the family room to grill food, so he added a new door out into the yard from the kitchen.. but now I am not liking what it does to the kitchen..do you think it makes it too choppy? I am not sure if we could do a door along the right side.. to the side yard...by the pantry...

Originally I wanted the mud room/pantry/powder room along the back wall, but the thoughts were that would create an interior kitchen with only a side yard window, and the house is very close to us on that side...so we moved the mudroom to the interior, next to the garage. This would allow the kitchen sink to overlook a pretty back yard.

We are gutting a ranch house down to the existing foundation..here is the plan. I am providing the whole plan since I know so many times questions are raised about rooms in relationship to the kitchen. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas.

Comments (8)