SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasminejazz

Ideas for extra space in large MBR

jasminejazz
15 years ago

Hello, I'm just looking for ideas for a few nooks I have in my MBR. The layout is quite odd and am at a loss of what to do with the extra space. The theme I'm after is Moroccan. I have no electronics in the room (TV, stereo, etc.) and will keep it that way. I have a spare bedroom designated as my office so I won't designate any area in the MBR as "work" related. I have a large walk-in closet so I don't have any dressers/armoires or the like and want to keep it that way. I just have a queen size platform bed and a nightstand. I also have two footlockers below the windows that will be replaced with storage benches below the length of the windows. I'm going to place a couch in one nook with half bookcase on both ends. The area (nook "A") that I need help with is raised 43" off the floor, 10'4" wide, 44" deep and is 53" high (to the ceiling). Adjacent to that nook is a wet bar that I'm going to rip out (I don't entertain in my bedroom) which is 49" wide and 28" deep. That will be the other empty space (nook "B"). I thought of placing stairs up to Nook "A" when I rip out the wet bar but what can that space be? I don't want it to be another seating area as I don't bring guests to my MBR to hang out and it's just me and my small dog living here. Follow the link to pics of the nooks in question. I welcome all inputs and suggestions! http://www.sunlightlife.com/2.html

Comments (6)