SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gmp3_gw

Teen Boy's Room Finally ready to go

gmp3
13 years ago

I posted a while back about teen rooms and got some great ideas. The project got put on hold, but now that it is summer we are ready to go!

When he turned 13 we decorated my 16 year old's room with CL locker style furniture I sprayed painted black, a loft bed, and a futon for sleepovers. My other son wants to redo his room now that he's 13, and wants a loft bed. The older son is ready to get a queen bed, so the 13 year old is getting everything in the older one's room. Because they change minds so quickly I plan to Craigslist the new Queen bedroom furniture.

These pictures are of my 16 year old's room now. He's the only teen without a billion posters on his walls. I am bummed out about changing it!

husband refuses to repaint the room, and I would like suggestions on keeping the room cool and somewhat contemporary. Most of the sets I see on Craigs are wood, honey pine or oak, and I don't want to paint furniture. Do you think that's too much wood in the room? I will need headboard, nightstand, dresser and a desk. The desk probably won't match the set and could be black or painted.

I will repaint the younger son's room, which is carpeted in beige now. He mentioned black, which would be too dark in his room as he only has one smaller window. Any ideas to incorporate black without overwhelming the room?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County