SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

My dog gave me such a scare ( a tad long )

toomuchglass
16 years ago

I adore dogs - I Have 3 of them . 15,14 & 3. Ellie is my precious Rottie . DH & I Have a soft spot in our hearts for old dogs - so I found Ellie online when she was 10 years old. She was 25 lbs. overweight , sickly ,had arthritis , was left home all day alone and walked once every day. She was pretty much ignored. When I went to look at her - she looked like she lost the spark of life. The lady wanted $5 for her , but gave her to me free just to get rid of her. We took her , exercised her , slimmed her down ,showered her with love and attention ,bought her special treats and let her be a real "dog" . In a couple months - that spark was back - her little stubby tail never stops wagging and she's the happiest dog alive.She's got a shot at a second life ! Rotts usually live between 8 & 10 years - Ellie is 14 ! She scared me Tuesday night , I could hear her rustling around all night . I got up ,only to find her in pain & her back legs weren't working. I just freaked out. I thought she had a stroke or something . We carried her into the vet the next morning - I was so afraid she'd have to be put to sleep , but after a complete exam - it turned out she has a herniated disc.She got Prednisone & is doing alot better today. She can walk and her tail is back to wagging non-stop. I hope God lets me have her another year ... she sure deserves it. Sorry for the long post ...I'm just so thankfull !

Comments (13)

Sponsored