SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pseudo_mom

BM is off the MIA list.

pseudo_mom
15 years ago

My SD19 was contacted via myspace by her mom who has been MIA for the last ten years.

She actually hasn't seen SD in 12 years but contacted her by phone 10 years ago. Gave up custody of her 15 years ago.

SD has been "researching" online for mom doing background checks all kinds of stuff found her grandparents(never contacted them) thought she found mom in FL but it wasn't her ... but new years day SD got an email ... SD thought it might be a prank they left a phone number I googled it no found number (cell phone we guessed).

Hubby called the number without SD knowing got voicemail it was her mother's voice. He did not leave a message. So he tells her its not a prank that is your mom's number.

Her BM returned the phone call today while we are out did not leave a message.

SD is an emotional mess at this point with questions!!

What does she want after all this time?

How many siblings does she have ?... last count mom had 2 more who were still living with her.

Is she clean and sober?

SD is leaving for to visit her GM tomorrow I am worried she will call her while she is away and be _____________ (insert emotion) by her mother's _______________ (insert action word).

SD was really angry for a long time about her mom ...finally accepted that mom gave her up to her dad was a good choice on her mom's part. She's been a much happier kid since she accepted it. Now no clue how she is going to deal with any of this.

Comments (7)