SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kenziethada

Painting kitchen cabinets: BM Satin Impervo vs. BM Advance

KenzieThada
10 years ago

We are getting the keys to our new house this coming Monday, and the first thing on the to-do list is to paint the kitchen cabinets white (picture is attached...not sure exactly what type of wood/material the cabinets are made out of since we've only been able to see them in person a couple of times...but I'm guessing oak??). We have done our research and know it will be a big job, but luckily we have a whole month to work on the house before we have to move in.

As far as paint goes, we have narrowed it down to Benjamin Moore Satin Impervo (we're considering that in either the waterbourne version OR alkyd version) or Benjamin Moore Advance. I have read and heard good things about all of these, and I honestly can't decide which to go with. Advance is quite a bit cheaper at our BM supplier, so we will likely end up going with that unless someone can explain to me why Satin Impervo might be better? We are also still deciding on whether we'll brush on the paint or spray it on (we're looking at buying a Wagner 518080 Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer, since that seems to have the best reviews under $200). Honestly, if I can be confident that we won't see brush/roller strokes after applying two thin coats of paint, we will probably just brush it on since we've never used a sprayer before.

Does anyone swear by either Impervo or Advance? And would we be better off spraying or sticking with high quality brushes and rollers?? Any advice would be SO appreciated!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!