SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ww340

My bedroom decor took a u-turn now I'm lost.

ww340
10 years ago

I have been stuck on my master bedroom decor since we built the room. I started with the idea of using my refinished white bedroom set and my blue silk oriental rug.

I thought I would keep it all light and use some of my nice antiques and many pink accessories. Somehow, though, I just couldn't bring it together.

Then I bought a new rug for the living room and toyed with the idea of moving the old living room rug to the bedroom.

I also had some very nice drapes my husband really waned me to try to use in the bedroom. They are the right size and number, just maybe not the right color or texture.

Anyway, I called my designer that usually helps me with paint colors and drapes and asked for her help.

We had someone come in and move things around, switch the rugs, and hang pictures and drapes, etc.

The designer asked to go shopping in my house and storage areas to try to put together the room.

She said she does not like the drapes for the room, but we never got a sample of them put up, because I fell and broke my wrist in the process.

Anyway, now the room has gone far afield from my initial thoughts.

I don't know if it is just that it is so different to me, or it really doesn't look good.

I know it needs new bedding. I think it needs maybe beefier gold lamps. I hate to start buying more for the room if this is not the right direction.

I liked the idea of the antique screen hung on the wall, but I feel like it is too high or just not working.

And there is a very pink and white bath off the bedroom.

Looking for opinions and suggestions.

Drapes

ceiling

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH