SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leafy02

Dang it. One thing leads to another, every time!

leafy02
11 years ago

I just had some child-free days I could use to "get things done".

One of those things was painting the downstairs hall. I don't know if previous homeowners painted it white and fireplace use made it grayish over time, or if the original color was a grey-toned white, but the hall also has cool-toned tile on the floor and is poorly lit, so it's been a cold, greyish ugly zone since we moved in.

I chose a color and had my DIY intern (DD's boyfriend) paint it.

The walls look great. The color is very nice, the boy is meticulous. But the hall is full of doorways, and now all the doors and trim look dingy as anything, because the wall color is crisp and fresh and warm and the trim paint is old and cold and grayish looking.

It actually looks worse than before, because now there is a glaring contrast, instead of just a "this is an ignored dingy hallway" look.

So now I'll need him to paint the doors and trim. And of course the trim leads to the walls of the next room, which the POs painted a color (and I am *not* making this up) called "Coral Cliche" but which looks like it should be called "Dollar Store Band-Aid". Clearly, that decade-old paint job isn't going to look any better once the trim is fresh.

Why can't I just have a magic wand?

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida