SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

One thing leads to another...

schoolhouse_gw
12 years ago

I stood and stared at the grassy ivy bed for a long time, finally I got my gloves and a bucket and started to go at it. Pretty soon I was not only pulling grass but yanking out ivy, too; and digging out part of the rocks surrounding the bed and rearranging them. Because the ground was so wet today, the grass and such pulled out real easily but I couldn't do much digging. So, this will be a project to finish next year. Instead of a round ivy bed with rocks retaining it, I'll make it semi circle. Then I can have better access to the length of the small sunken garden when I have to trim ivy off the bigger retaining wall. I've always had to step into this round bed and down on the other side. One of these days, I'm going to slip and fall I know it - getting old! So it will make working there easier and safer.

But what a muddy mess. My shoes have lugged soles, so you can imagine. It did feel good to get out and do some work despite the threat of rain showers any minute. I'm still not ready to cut alot of things back though. Talked to my Mom today, and she said she pulled all her begonias. They were still blooming very nicely, but I guess she gets anxious to put beds to rest for the season. After all, she says, it IS almost November. She's right.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES