SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Would like your input, before final version of home plan :)

lavender_lass
13 years ago

I really appreciate you all taking the time to look at my farmhouse plan...and giving me such valuable feedback.

While we like our other plan, there have been some concerns about adding on to the back of the addition (where the living room and bedroom are located). The roof lines are not working out too well, especially given all of our snow in the winter...so we made some changes.

Here's the new plan, with the hall bath, now also being used as the master bath. Thanks to some of your suggestions, we've added french doors at the end of the stair hall, giving some privacy to the back hallway.

Since we aren't adding on to the back of the addition, I'm hoping we can afford a small greenhouse area, off the mudroom. I think it would pay for itself, eventually, given our short growing season...and keep me sane during long winters! LOL It would be wonderful to have someplace with to sit and have tea, with star jasmine and maybe a climbing rose to enjoy, in the middle of January :)

We plan to screen the deck, mainly to keep the barn kitties out of the hot tub and the yellow jackets out of our drinks. Not to mention the occasional porcupine, racoon, skunk and even deer...that like to come up and 'visit'...that's part of the joy of living in the country!

Summerfield is still working on the final version, but I did a 'cut and paste' of two different plans, to come up with this version. The screened deck is the only thing changed in the second plan...what do you think of the hot tub location? We like it tucked into the corner, with a few chaises...but again, would like your input. Thanks again! :)

{{gwi:1416721}}

With changes to the screened deck/porch....

{{gwi:1416722}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville