SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patches123_gw

Open house plan under 1750 sqft?

patches123
16 years ago

Currently we are living in a four bedroom, 3 bath, 2500 sqft house, with an unfinished walkout basement of 1200sqft.

We are in our early 30s and live in the kitchen, eating area, 12X12 den and MBR and bath. The rest of the house goes unused. There is no mudroom which makes me crazy. The garage is too small and the utility bills are super high. Its a 7 year old home. I remember looking for a small new home when we bought this but none were to be found.

We have been looking for affordable 2-5 acres near us and found some decent ones. Looking at house plans and not finding really what we need. I want to stay under 1800 sqft. Must haves:

1 - Mudroom off the attached garage.

2 - atleast one bedroom and full bath on first floor.

3 - Open living arrangement, meaning kitchen, eating area and living room are all open to each other.

4 - Garage that is not front dominant (either a side entry, rear or under option)

5 - No formal dining needed, but the main eating area can allow the table be expanded into the living room for those yearly holidays.

6 - Atleast two bedrooms. We may have one child at some point.

7 - we live in tornado country so a basement is a must, which also give us room to expand living area if the need arises.

We like the way European Country homes look on the outside. I have seen some plans by Frank Betz that we like, but that is it. There has to be more.

http://www.frankbetz.com/

Comments (11)