SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jollyrd

"quiet book" advice needed

jollyrd
11 years ago

I am very inexperienced with sewing, I am more into knit and crochet. But I still do occasional sewing project. My 17 mos old loves to close and open things, and loves to pull open any zippers or velcro. So I thought about making him a "project" - sort of a "quiet book" - but not really a BOOK. It will be a large piece of fabric (or imagine a small piece of blanket), that will be folded over few times, and it will have lots of closures that he needs to open to unfold the piece completely. As a prize - there will be a jeans pocket sewed in the center with a key on a string inside the pocket. So when he opens all the closures - it will be "congratulations! you get a golden key!"

I already have various notions to use for the project. I have two pieces of fabric that will be the cover - two different colors/patterns, but same type of fabric.

My questions are

- how do I stuff the inside to make sure it is not too flimsy and can stand up to pulling in all directions;

- and how do I put the fabrics together? In what order do I stitch the covers and the fill in?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments (4)