SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pricklypearcactus

Opinions on CL Mahogany Dining Table (PIC)?

pricklypearcactus
12 years ago

I found this Kindel mahogany dining table for sale and I would love some opinions on it before I consider buying it.

{{!gwi}}

The table closed is 46"x78" and expands with 4 internally-stored 12" leaves. The condition is fantastic: a few minor scratches, but otherwise in perfect shape. The top is definitely veneer, though the pedestals appear solid. It was originally purchased sometime in the 1980s. I would have to find chairs (perhaps some antiques or some upholstered new chairs), as he is not selling those in the background.

My dining room is a silvery gray color with white trim, vaulted ceilings and dark brown painted wood beams (maybe someday we can change the faux beams to be more realistic and stained wood) with cream silk curtains and a crystal chandelier. My style tends to be a mix of sleek contemporary and some traditional.

I like the color, size, and expansion capabilities of the table. However, while I like pedestal tables, I am somewhat uncertain whether the table is great stylistically or not. I also seem to have a (perhaps unfair?) personal bias against furniture from the 1980s and initially thought this table was older (1940s/1950s). I would love to hear your opinions on the table and whether I should consider purchasing or should hold out for something different.

Comments (40)