SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee

Please help me with my porch furniture ..

zipdee
14 years ago

I don't know if you all remember the glider I bought at the auction, well my DH stripped it totally and since I was still undecided what to do about the house color, I just had him paint it white for now.

He's been working in Va and when he come home the other day he brought me a present. The love seat and two chairs that match my glider. He saw them at a lawn sale and stopped to grab them for me as a surprise. They all need to be stripped too and repainted. Yeah, he's a good guy .. I think I'll keep him. :)

Now here's my questions.

1) what colors should I paint the metal furniture that will go with the house. ( that I'm probably going to keep yellow )

2) Should all of this be used on the front porch, or broken up so it's not so matchy, matchy. I can always use the 2 seater glider and chairs on the deck around back or even on the little cottage's porch. What do you think of the wicker chairs mixed in with it. They could stay white, but pull the colors from the metal pieces to the cushions, like this pic :

3. If use it all on the front porch how should I place it? The porch isn't really wide enough for the chairs to face the gliders, it's too tight of a squeeze.

Here's just a few colors of basket weave pattern gliders I've found :

Here's the glider before my DH stripped it :

Here it is now, he did such a good job on it :

Here it is sitting on one side of the porch with wicker chairs :

Here's the set he brought home from Va for me sitting on the other side of the porch. Still needs to be stripped and painted. The cat is another 'refugee' we've taken in.

From the front, showing both sets together :

I'll only show you this picture if you imagine the Annabelles all grown up and in bloom .. they are in the middle of the uglies right now. :p Also that the risers to the front steps don't need to be repainted, it's on my list of things to touch up out there, darn red clay stains everything.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County