LOOKING for: Home made recipe for Hollywood diet in Womans World
24 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (12)
- 24 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 24 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Discussions
What the world's oldest woman drinks every day
Comments (14)I was expecting the answer to what the 120 yr old gal drinks daily to be urine - I knew a lady that swore by a glass of that every day. Never could go there meeself. Lots of things I never would have thought of for Olive Oil, I'll have to add it to my shopping list. Suzan J...See Morelooking for: 48 hr. emergency! dinner party guest on atkins!
Comments (27)I'm still laughing! Well, the dinner party went just fine. Thanks to all of you, I was able to relax and enjoy it all. There was no talk about dieting or that he was on a diet. I couldn't wait to tell you about what happened with the food, though. You know what's coming, don't you? Of course you do. Before dinner, I really didn't pay attention to whether "Cuthbert" ate the blintzes or not or if he ate nuts (I decided against serving the salmon spread), and I did overhear him choosing vodka rocks (as lindac predicted). At dinner, I decided just to serve him the same peanut soup as everyone else. He ate it (admirably slowly), although I noticed when I cleared the bowls that he left the coconut/scallion garnish. He was seated at the other end of the table from me, so I don't know whether he took any vegetables. I put that chicken breast on the table near his end of the table, without any comment. Someone else asked about it, and I just said something like, "Oh, that's just if someone wants something plainer." I served that chicken/pastry/mushroom/artichoke/rice dish individually, and Cuthbert did take a piece. Not only did he eat every bite, he later asked if there was enough chicken left for him to have another helping. He finished that one, too. No dessert for him, not even the meringues. My only comment when I served dessert was in answer to "What are those?": "These are sugarless cinnamon meringues; they're an Atkins recipe." "Mrs. Cuthbert" ate those and no pie. She was seated right next to me, so I couldn't help but notice that, and also that she ate all the chicken dish EXCEPT the chicken. Maybe she has become a vegetarian? I did not ask or comment, of course. The dog and cat were delighted, though! So look at all I learned. I worried about entirely the wrong things. Mrs. C had said, "He finds the diet much easier if he just never deviates. But evidently, he was ready to take a night off. I only hope he didn't think *I* was trying to get him to stick to his diet or commenting on his weight! Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart. You were great. I really wasn't as spazzed out as I seemed -- but I still really, really appreciated your support, sympathy, and suggestions. Oh, and by the way, the youth group didn't end up congregating here anyway; their program was cancelled due to the weather, even though it wasn't bad enough to delay our guests. To thank you all, I want to share that peanut soup recipe with you. It is SO delicious, and really easy and fast -- and always gets "Wow, this is amazing!" from guests. I cut it out of the newspaper 2 years ago; it's by J.M. Hirsch, who writes a vegetarian cooking column. (He and his mom have a cookbook out; I've loved his recipes from the paper so much that I plan to buy it.) I hope you all enjoy it, too. I always double this recipe, which serves only about 4-5. Polynesian Peanut Soup 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut (I had shredded, so I used that) 1 T canola oil 1 c finely chopped onion 1/4 c finely chopped fresh ginger 4 garlic cloves, minced 1 14-oz. can light coconut milk 3/4 c vegetable stock 3/4 c smooth natural peanut butter 1/4 c mango chutney 1 T minced fresh jalapeno chili, or to taste salt to taste 1/4 c finely chopped green onions 2 T minced fresh cilantro [I omit this, as we are "tasters"] sesame oil, for garnish In a small dry skillet, toast the coconut over medium heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes (took less for me). Transfer to a plate and cool. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.* Add the onion, ginger, and garlic . Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion and ginger are very tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer the onion mixture to a blender or food processor. Add the coconut milk, vegetable stock, peanut butter, chutney, and jalapeno [I chopped the jalapeno in there first and then added the rest]. Puree until smooth (anticipate a little leakage if you're doubling the recipe!). If the peanut butter is too thick, it might be necessary to add more stock (I like it thick, though). Transfer the soup to the Dutch oven and cook over medium heat until heated through. Season with salt to taste. Meanwhile, toss the coconut with the green onions and cilantro, if using. To serve, drizzle each bowl with some sesame oil and top with a mound of the coconut mixture. *I found that the onions stuck too much, even though I stirred almost constantly, so I ended up using another pot after pureeing. Next time, I will use a nonstick pan first to toast the coconut, then use the same one to cook the onions, ginger, and garlic, and not use the soup pot (Dutch oven) until after pureeing. Still a total of 2 pans to wash....See MoreLOOKING for: article in either womans world or first magazine
Comments (5)Hi- :) I wanted to let you know that Kimkins.com is involved in a pending class Lawsuit action for the fraud committed by the owner Kimmer/Heidi Diaz. The success stories were mainly fake and pictures from a Russian bride site. You can sign-up for the lawsuit to get your membership fee back and to join does not require you to go to court and doesn't cost you a dime. Please check out my blog for the national media exposure that the diet has received. I hope you have not suffered the negative side-effects from this starvation diet and are able to post a current update. Thank you for informing those surfing the internet in 2008, that the answers they are looking for are not going to be found at Kimkins.com Any diet that requires one to use very low calories and low fat as the method of weight control is not a safe nor effective way to lose weight. Wishing you the best in the New Year of 2008! HoneyBee HoneyBeeÂs Blog I Am Not Ready To Make Nice with Kimkins Here is a link that might be useful: kimkinslawsuit...See MoreLOOKING for: Was it hard to change your dietary habits?
Comments (32)I thought this was an interesting topic -- I recently had to completely reform my diet, due to high cholesterol. I cut out red meat completely, and am only occasionally having chicken or fish. This is actually something I had been wanting to do for a while, as I've always felt uncomfortable eating meat...but the thing holding me back was that I don't like vegetables very much! Well, when you're hungry enough, even peas and carrots look yummy ;) The thing I've found that works well is finding substitutes for as much as possible; a lot of the meat substitutes are actually pretty good. I've even learned to like tofu (it really tastes kind of like bland chicken). The hard part for me is that I've never been much of a cook, and so ate mostly prepackaged meals. That doesn't work very well anymore, since most tv meals are far too high in fat to fit into my diet plan...so I've actually had to start cooking. It's fun now; give it another few months, and I may feel differently. The other hard part has been getting my husband to go along with it (he has high cholesterol as well). He's turned up his nose at most things I eat, but we've managed to find some compromises: home-made veggie pizza, or tacos made with crumbled soy are a couple of surprisingly good meals he'll eat. I'm going to take a gander through this forum and see what else I can find :)...See More- 24 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 24 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 24 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 24 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 24 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 24 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 24 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDES10 Recipes for Shabby Chic Style
Rustic furniture, floral fabrics, sparkling chandeliers. Here are 10 easy ways to bring the romantic cottage look into your home
Full Story
ORGANIZINGDecluttering Ideas From Around the World
Home organizers share their tips on how to think and live more clearly
Full Story
BEDROOMS13 Simple Steps to a Perfectly Made Bed
Drift off to dreamland in a delightfully soothing, artfully dressed bed worthy of a posh hotel
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNWorld of Design: Global Foodies and Their Kitchens
Join us as 11 food lovers tell us about their kitchens and give us a taste of their culinary heritage
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES21st-Century Looks for Shabby Chic Fans
How to update a style that's been popular since the 1990s? With new colors, crisper lines and contemporary settings
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHouzz Call: What’s Cooking in Your Kitchen?
Most of us turn to recipes, videos and culinary shows when we cook. Where do you set your cookbook, tablet or TV screen?
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESAn Expat’s Guide to Making a Home Away From Home
How do you stay balanced when each foot is in a different culture? You take a stand where you hang your hat
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Step Inside a Converted Medieval Priory
The owners of this historical property have used vintage finds and a playful style to create a welcoming family home
Full Story
CONTEMPORARY HOMESHouzz Tour: Light, Art and a Floating Bed in a Chic London Flat
A Notting Hill apartment is opened up, drenched in white and furnished with clever pieces and the first-time homeowner’s DIY art
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNLove to Cook? We Want to See Your Kitchen
Houzz Call: Show us a photo of your great home kitchen and tell us how you’ve made it work for you
Full Story
povertyhollow