SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

What the world's oldest woman drinks every day

alisande
16 years ago

Below is an excerpt from an MSNBC article on an Israeli woman who claims to be 120 years old. I'm thinking that big family and all those people coming to see her all the time probably explain part of her good health. But I was startled to see what she drinks every day!

Relatives said she has 10 sons and one daughter, her eldest, now in her late 80s. She has about 120 grandchildren, 250 great-grandchildren and 20 great-great grandchildren, they said.

'Healthy, active woman'

A granddaughter-in-law, Hamda Amash, 40, said Mariam is a "healthy, active woman. She walks each day and makes sure she drinks at least one glass of olive oil." She was a pampered second wife who married relatively late, explaining the ages of her children, Hamda Amash said. "Her house is always full of people," she said. "People like to come to her house. She talks to us about the old days. She knows the history since the Turkish times." Turkish control over the Holy Land ended with World War I.

A devout Muslim, she has made four pilgrimages to Mecca, the last one about 15 years ago, when she would have been over 100, relatives said.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH