SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
disneyrsh

Finally Painting the Outside of My House (pictures)

disneyrsh
15 years ago

Hi, I had posted on here last fall about help with house colors, and Squirrelheaven was terrific about putting different colors on my picture of my house. I can't find what happened to that thread (remember I asked if someone could do "Disney" colors on my house? Well, today the painters are finally here!

This is what our house looked like when we first bought it two years ago:

{{!gwi}}

Since then we've redone the entire front yard, added tons and tons of soil and zoysia (drought resistant), added a new front walkway, knocked down the garage:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Replaced all the cedar siding on that side with new cedar siding (that was expensive!)

{{!gwi}}

And here's what it looked like yesterday.

{{!gwi}}

Today, the painting started. Here's the color scheme:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

It took about nine different cans of color before we and the decorator my smart DH urged me ask for help (she's also my across the street neighbor and had a case of the horrors when I asked her what she thought of me painting the house pumpkin-I think she decided it was in both our best interests if she helped so she wouldn't be staring at "the pumpkin house" for the next ten years!). The color we picked is Valspar's St. Francis Hotel Clay Angel. That's a mouthful! It's one of the historic colors. The door and shutters will be "artichoke".

That stone on the front is *insanely* hard to match/coordinate with. In fact, we painted the brick chimney white because it didn't match the rock, either (not even close).

I'll post more as progress continues...

Comments (20)