SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliet3_gw

Don't Laugh. I Need Help Choosing a Snow Shovel.

juliet3
16 years ago

OK. Please don't ridicule me. I have NEVER shovelled snow in my life. I have recently moved into my first actual house (not an apt. yay!). The development I live in takes care of snowplowing the streets, and the driveways. We must do our own doorpath and porch/stoop/steps. I was so happy and eager and proud to buy all kinds of stuff for my first actual home. But when I got to HD to choose a shovel, I had no idea that there'd be about 20 different kinds! Different shapes, different handles, some with bent handles (ergonomic maybe? I dunno), different brand names, different materials (plastic vs. metal), and, of course, vastly different prices. No one at HD could help me; the guy there just told me to pick up a few to see which "felt right" to me, and then walked away. Well, I am 5'3", so they all felt kinda big.

Can anyone advise me on, I admit, this dumb question? I do think there is ONE old-fashioned hardware store nearby, so I may go there and see if I can get actual saleshelp. But thought maybe this forum could help me too.

Comments (13)