SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandy808

Master Bedroom Size...I'm Under The Wire!

sandy808
13 years ago

I need some opinions on the size we have designated for our master bedroom. BEFORE the wall framing starts! I keep worrying I will feel squeezed in (had plenty of those kind of bedrooms in the past).

Right now the wall our king size bed and nightstands are going on is planned to be 16 feet. The depth of the room itself is to be determined yet depending on what we decide to build in there. (This is the opposite wall from the bed). It can range from 14 feet which is a minimum in my mind, up to about 18 or 19 feet. I would like for dresser space there, and perhaps a blanket chest at the foot of the bed. I want to be sure of plenty of walking space and room to pull a canister vacuum without it getting caught on the furniture.

None of these dimensions have accounted for any closet space yet, which would have to be taken out of the bathroom area, and/or small 3 ft. deep closet(s) at the wall opposite the bed.

Right now I'm thinking about a 16 ft. square room, but it looks awful small out there in the house shell!

I am worried if we expand the bed wall too much larger is that it starts cutting into bathroom and closet space.

While I don't need a huge bathroom, I do want it to feel nice and not cramped, so I have to be careful. You know the cramped bathrooms.....the toilet crammed up against a tub, and the sink so close you can hardly reach the toilet paper.

With the 16 foot wall, I have 14 feet to play with to do a bathroom and some closet space. Expanding the 16 ft. wall starts really squeezing that space down, especially considering each wall takes some inches out.

Any opinions? I'm panicking right now. We have window framers framing windows right now, so if we need to re-center the windows in the bedroom I have to have them do it NOW.

Help!!!!!

Sandy

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living