SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackcats13

need some flooring help please!

blackcats13
13 years ago

We're doing our kitchen next month on a very strict budget. We were looking at flooring around $2 sq/ft or less and our contractor was going to do labor for that as a gift. So we were looking at a light colored bamboo from Lumbar Liquidators (I know, very mixed reviews about them). However, we found we have more room in our budget then we thought (which is always good), so *maybe* we can go a little more on the flooring.

The contractor doesn't do sheet vinyl. If he does our floors we can expect the flooring to take longer (days?), if we hire it out, it'll be done in a day. While I'd love to do a true Linoleum, I know we can't afford that. I thought I'd get some pricing on sheet vinyl from Home Depot, Empire...

Last point - we are on somewhat of a timeline. I'm due with my first child (other then 11 yr old DSD) at the end of July. This work won't start until June. It'd be better but not necessary to be completed by then, or at least close. We are replacing cabinets and appliances (have them) and running new electric wires (not changing most of it), removing soffit and a closet from the adjoining room that juts into the kitchen. Counters will be either beech butcher block from Ikea or we'll use the Corian in the pic if we can afford the changes to the fabrication.

With all that, would you have him install the bamboo from questionable LL or would you have HD or similar come in with vinyl? And here's a pic of our cabs in their prior home if you'd like to comment on color/pattern choices as well ;) I'm thinking pale apple green for the walls...?

Comments (6)