SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lascatx_gw

Where to get Patio Furniture or Update Old Set?

lascatx
10 years ago

I realize it is late now, but where do you go to get patio furniture? I have looked and looked. We bought a table and chairs (teak) and the table split within a week. By the time the replacement was to be delivered, there was a split all the way across the back of one chair. We sent the whole thing back and I know I'm too late to find anything now.

I have a sling back set I like, and fortunately we did not get rid of it. The fabric on all but one chaise has split and the chairs may not be far behind. The reason we have a large set is that the first set was delivered with a faulty finish and they didn't want it back. We gave away the table (glass top -- I like the smooth surface) but kept most of the chairs and a pair of chaises. That means it is a lot to redo.

I looked into powder coating and new slings. That would cost more than all but the more expensive new sets. Given the trouble we had finding something we all liked and that fit our needs, I'm thinking that I may just take them apart when the weather is cooler, coat them with Rustoleum and tackle sewing the slings myself. MAYBE it will get done by spring. LOL

In our younger years, we had a plastic table and chairs from Target, In a sense, they were easier. I'd like teak, but want chairs that are comfortable without cushions for everyday use in the subtropics and because my tall sons find the back hits them too low when the seat is raised by cushions. I didn't find much we could look at and sit in and based on what I did, I'm afraid to order inline. Most of the chairs were not that comfortable even with cushions. If the slings and spray paint don't work, I don't even know where else to look.

Comments (13)